Cool wallpapers serve as art beautifying the background of any computer screen, and computer owners all have collections of beautiful wallpapers that come with their systems.
DeskScape crack developed by Stardock for animating and customizing wallpapers, is the best tool out there for creating the perfect collection of cool wallpapers, and that’s not all, you can as well use this software to play God, by simply bringing the wallpapers to life.
Could there be anything more fun to do than lying down to animate and customize colorful wallpapers? Using this software on a slow and lazy day is just what any doctor would prescribe to get you in a happy mood.
Features of DeskScape
This amazing software has so many cool features stacked up for its users, they include:
- It makes it possible for users to apply both static, and animated wallpapers known as “Dreams” to their desktops
- Software features an array of up to 40 special effects that users can choose from and apply to their desktops
- It has seven basic dreams
- It has ready-made animated wallpapers to choose from already included in the software
- Users can select wallpapers that are either images, videos, hybrid, or dynamic
- Content like Dreammaker specially designed to make it easy for users to animate wallpapers
- A preview can be used to see how the final results look like before applying the effects to your desktop
- A user interface that is so easy to use, users could create a custom design with ease, and speed
- It features multiple monitor support that gives you the option of having different videos and static wallpaper stretched across multiple monitors
- It also has over 1,800 additional animated wallpapers that can be downloaded from the online community at WinCustomize.com
- Smart features that help the system run better include:
- When a user runs an application on full screen “maximize”, the program stops the Dream because you can no longer view it, however, once you “minimize” the application, the Dream resumes playing
- If a system switches to using battery power, the program pauses the Dream, and notifies the user, so as to help conserve the battery power
- Users can select how often the Dreams can randomly change
- Enables the easy combination of effects
- Static wallpaper colors can be changed with coloring tabs
- Option of changing the color of an existing wallpaper now included
- Shapes of dynamic Dreams can be expanded
- Quality of dynamic Dreams can be adjusted in Windows 7/Vista only
- To enable users create their own effects, it features Software Development Kits
DeskScape also features all of the following
- Top Menu
- It runs along the top of the window and includes options: settings, background options, apply changes
- Preview Area
- This is found below the top menu, the preview area will change to a particular background when its thumbnail is selected, so you can view before applying it. If it is an animated Dream the preview will also be animated
- It enables you find backgrounds easily in the thumbnails, and is located below the preview area. You can make use of the filter by rating i.e number of stars, type of Dream background i.e videos, dynamics, hybrids. Also, you can use the filter to find static wallpaper background by searching for Title, Author or Filename
- It appears in between the filters and bottom menu. Each one shows a small picture of what a background looks like. The rating will change if you click on any number of stars you want to give the thumbnail. Once you click on any thumbnail a larger version will appear in the preview
- Bottom Menu
- Clicking on different types of backgrounds in the thumbnails will cause the bottom menu to change and reflect the options available to you.
What are the software’s system requirements?
Requirements needed for systems to have this software installed include:
- The software is compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10 32-bit or 64-bit in Home, Basic, Premium, Ultimate, Business, or Enterprise versions
- The system screen resolution should be set to a minimum 1024 x 768
- System should have Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics, graphics memory of 128MB, Pixel Shader 2.0, and 32-bit color
- The system must have a video card with Windows Experience Index Graphics score of 2.0 or higher
- An MPEG2 video decoder is required as well
Sounds like Fun!
Apply a Background, Modify a Background, and Change an Effect
- Here’s how to apply a Dream to your desktop
- Click >> “Planktonic”, and preview the animated version of the Dream
- Proceed to the upper left corner of the Top Menu and Click >> “Apply Changes”, the Planktonic appears on the desktop
- Alter/Modify how the Dream is displayed
- Click >> “Background Settings” on the bottom menu, and check each one of the different of the settings for your most preferred option.
- Click >> “Apply Changes” once you’ve decided on which you prefer most
- Adding or Changing an Effect
- Go to the bottom menu, Click >> “Effects” and select “Invert”. The selected Effect is updated in the preview area
- Click >> “Apply Changes” to enable your chosen effect be applied to the desktop
This amazing program is worth every penny it costs in purchasing it.
Pros of using the program
- No shortage of static and animated wallpapers with an option to download more if needed
- It supports display on multiple monitors
Cons of using the program
- Makes use of a lot of system resources to function properly
- The programs disable option is not located in an obvious position
A Superb Machine Makeover Tool
A good mix of colors always makes even the inanimate things come to life, and just like a painter’s pallet on which different paints are put on to be used in painting is important, so also is DeskScape important to have on all systems.
The great masters of Art would definitely be proud of such a beautiful masterpiece, what else can it be called if not a classic.